Create an exclusion of your structure to keep out animals
Fischer Wildlife Control & Repairs
can create an exclusion of your structure to keep out nuisance animals.
Ground-dwelling animals (groundhogs, skunks, opossum raccoons, moles,
etc.) burrow underground, wreaking havoc in your yard, tunneling under
structures, setting up their dens. Ridding yourself of a nuisance animal is a
temporary fix if an open den is left behind. Another clever nuisance animal
has an invitation to move right in.
Fischer Wildlife Control & Repairs recommends exclusions in its animal
abatement program. We exclude structures (porches, decks, sheds, etc.) and
underground dens to control nuisance animal populations. Here are the
steps we take to create an exclusion of a structure:
1. A trench is dug on all sides of the structure.
2. We attach ½ inch galvanized mesh to the bottom of the structure.
3. We adjust mesh as well as back-fill the trench in a manner that
precludes animals from digging back into it.
4. An opening is left during this process.
5. Traps are placed in front of the open hole as well as in the
surrounding area to capture any animal that might want to go in and out of
6. We will run those traps until we have removed any animals that want
to go in or out of the structure (have control of the structure).
7. Once control has been established of the area, we will seal that last
spot using the same methods as steps 1-3.
It should be noted that it is possible that we will not trap an animal.
However, the trapping segment is a crucial segment of the abatement.